no better way to learn about wine than tasting comparatively, talking
about it while you're tasting it ("so that's why this wine tastes
different than that!"), and hearing about the wine's background. (Plus,
it's the most fun you'll ever have learning something.)
Sauvignon Blanc around the World - Tuesday, August 23 (MPM) & Wednesday, August 24 (Shorewood)
Seatings at 6 & 7:30 p.m. at MPM; 6 & 8 p.m. at Shorewood
Sauvignon Blanc is one of the world's most popular and widely grown white wines, with crisp acidity, citrus flavors, and an ability to flourish almost everywhere. Yet not all Sauvignon Blanc is created equal, and different regions produce wines with an exceptional diversity of flavors. For this tasting we'll explore Sauvignon Blancs from New Zealand, France, California, and Chile to discover just how varied this wine can be. The wines will be:
- Viña Morandé 2014 "Reserva" Sauvignon Blanc, Casablanca Chile ($13.95)
- Joseph Mellot 2015 "Sincerite" Sauvignon Blanc, Loire Valley France ($11.95)
- Joseph Mellot 2015 Sauviginon Blanc, Sancerre France ($21.95)
- Three Brooms 2015 Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough New Zealand ($14.95)
- Chateau Beauregard Ducasse 2015 Graves, Bordeaux France ($16.95)
- Heritance 2013 Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley California ($9.95)
- Desparada 2015 "Fragment" Sauvignon Blanc, Santa Barbara California ($24.95)
Cost of the tasting is $15 + tax per person. Seatings are at 6 and 7:30 p.m. at MPM and 6 & 8 pm at Shorewood. RSVPs are required; a credit card is required to secure your reservation. (If you call to cancel by 3 p.m. the day of the tasting, your card will not be charged. If you are on the wait list, we'll notify you by 3 p.m. if space has become available.) To RSVP for either location email email@example.com or call us at 414.277.7707.
Please sign up for our email list to receive news on all events. Also, check out the Milwaukee Public Market's Events Calendar for details on all the exciting events happening in the Market.