no better way to learn about wine than tasting comparatively, talking
about it while you're tasting it ("so that's why this wine tastes
different than that!"), and hearing about the wine's background. (Plus,
it's the most fun you'll ever have learning something.)
White Blends Around the World - Tuesday, June 28 (MPM) and Wednesday, June 29 (Shorewood)
Seatings at 6 & 7:30 p.m. at MPM; 6 & 8 p.m. at Shorewood
This will be a fun tasting! From the classic Bordeaux blend (Semillon / Sauvignon Blanc) to the kitchen-sink blend from Australia, we'll taste through several white blends from around the world featuring all sorts of varietals, and discuss and compare what each adds to the mix. The wines will be:
- "Ibarretxe 2014 "Uriondo", Bizkakio Txakolina, Spain ($16.95)
- Palazzone 2014 "Vignarco" Orvieto Classico, Italy ($14.95)
- Cape Mentelle 2015 Semillon / Sauvignon Blanc, Margaret River Australia ($17.95)
- Olivier Riviere 2013 "Jequitiba" Blanco, Rioja Spain ($34.95)
- Field Recordings 2014 "Barter & Trade", Central Coast California ($21.95)
- Tresor de la Riviere 2013 Cotes du Rhone Blanc, France ($9.95)
- Chateau Mont-Redon 2012 Chateauneuf du Pape Blanc, France ($34.95)
Cost of the tasting is $15 + tax. Seatings are at 6 and 7:30 p.m. at MPM and 6 & 8 p.m. at Shorewood. RSVPs are required; a credit card is required to secure your reservation. (If you call to cancel by 3 p.m. the day of the tasting, your card will not be charged. If you are on the wait list, we'll notify you by 3 p.m. if space has become available.) Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 414.277.7707 (MPM) or 414.906.1906 (Shorewood).
Please sign up for our email list to receive news on all events. Also, check out the Milwaukee Public Market's Events Calendar for details on all the exciting events happening in the Market.